You want to bring restoration and justice to the world around you. But you don’t know how to do it. Praxis Labs are an invitation to turn your faith into action.
We offer labs on three different themes, with each following on from the last:
- Explore God’s Grand Story and locate your role in it.
- Learn the practical skills required to pioneer a community project or start campaigning.
- Find people to walk with and unpack Biblical rhythms to sustain you on the journey.
I have a growing sense that it is possible for me to act and to start things. It feels like having been given permission to partner with God in the way I live life.Praxis Labs participant
Each Lab lasts 4-5 weeks and features:
- A weekly online session (on Thursday evenings) with experts, artists, practitioners and theologians to help you learn, reflect, practise and grow.
- At least an hour of 1:1 support with a life coach, plus the potential for further time with subject matter experts.
- Time for discussion in small groups (via video-link) with others on a similar journey.
- A short weekly reflection for you to listen to, to stimulate your thinking ahead of the weekly online session.
Praxis Lab ‘Explore God’s Grand Story’ will be running in January 2020 so apply now to secure your place.
Exceptional. I feel very privileged to have been part of the course. I found it life-giving… I loved that it was practical, but reflective. I really appreciated the variety of people. As a result of doing the course I set up an Instagram account to record my plastic-less Lent journey… I’ve tagged companies to ask them to reduce their plastic packaging. I also signed up for an ACORN campaigning day course. I wouldn’t have been brave enough to sign up without Praxis.Praxis Labs participant
A note about cost: Each lab costs £99 per person for us to run, but our first priority is to inspire and equip you, so we operate a ‘pay as you can’ model to ensure that no-one is excluded. More details of this will be provided when you express your interest in a Lab.
The Labs have been informed by Tearfund’s experience of movement-building around the world, and Futurekraft’s experience of social action in the UK. They have also benefited from conversations with a number of experienced, existing activists – asking them what they wish they could have known at the beginning of their activism journeys.