You want to bring restoration and justice to the world around you. But you don’t know how to do it. Or if it even fits with your faith.
Praxis One is your invitation to explore God’s Grand Story, learn practical skills for campaigning and community projects, and find your tribe.
- Explore God’s Grand Story and locate your role in it.
- Learn the practical skills required to pioneer a community project or start campaigning.
- Find people to walk with and unpack Biblical rhythms to sustain you on the journey.
Praxis One has been informed by Tearfund’s experience of movement-building around the world, and Futurekraft’s experience of social action in the UK. It’s also benefited from conversations with a number of experienced, existing activists – asking them what they wish they could have known at the beginning of their activism journeys.
Praxis One runs for twelve weeks, and is for just twelve people. Our January programme is full, but we will be running the course again in Autumn 2019.
We will provide:
- A weekly online session (on Thursday evenings) with experts, artists, practitioners and theologians to help you learn, reflect, practise and grow,
- At least two hours of 1:1 support with a life coach, plus the potential for further time with subject matter experts.
- A short weekly podcast for you to listen to, to stimulate your thinking ahead of the weekly online session.
- A space for discussion and encouragement with other Praxis One attendees.
There is no one particular type of person that we’re looking for, in fact we hope to have a full range of ages, personality types and traditions. You could be loud or quiet, old or young, but it will help if you are already trying to press into campaigning or activism, or thinking intentionally about how you might do this. For example, you may have some campaigning experience, be trying to set up a local project, or have a sphere of influence (your church, networks or friends) who you are thinking of drawing into taking action.
We ask you to:
- Prioritise the weekly Thursday evening sessions
- Set aside time during the week to reflect and act on the course content
- Provide us with detailed feedback at the end of the course, to help us turn the pilot into a fully fledged programme.
So, if you feel an inner drive to work for justice and restoration, but you don’t know how to set out – or feel you’ve hit a roadblock – then Praxis One might be the right thing for you. It’s designed to help you find your place in God’s story and give you the tools to pioneer, campaign or organise for justice and restoration.